This magnificent turn of the century neo-classic high-rise was originally designed by prominent American architect Cass Gilbert in 1913 for National State Bank. The site is located in the heart of Newark's downtown district, directly adjacent to the Prudential Center. The site is a critical part of the city's redevelopment zone. This landmark building, placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1977, has undergone a complete transformation to accommodate a new "boutique" style hotel for downtown Newark. The hotel includes amenities such as a health club, conference center, ground level & rooftop restaurants as well as over 90 guest rooms.